Magnaflux Level 2 Water Washable Fluorescent Penetrant
Magnaflux ZL-60D Level 2 Water Washable Fluorescent Penetrant
Developed for testing rough machined surfaces, ZL-60D fluorescent water-removeable penetrant is ideal for finding indications in castings, forgings, extrusions and rough surfaces.
This medium-sensitivity penetrant washes off parts quickly and easily, leaving less fluorescent background – even on rough surface – for clearer indications and better inspection reliability.
ZL-60D is one of the most versatile “work-horse” penetrants, customers can use this one penetrant for a wide range of applications on a range of parts to find many different types of defects, including cracks, seams, laps, cold shuts, laminations and porosity.
Broad specification compliance further increases this penetrants flexibility. ZL-60D has excellent alloy compatibility and is safe to use on most engineering and aerospace materials, including aluminum, steel, nickel and titanium.
ZL-60D is listed on the QPL SAE AMS 2644 Qualified Product List and is approved for use by Pratt & Whitney.
Recommended developers are ZP-4D dry powder, SKD-S2 or ZP-9F solvent-based or ZP-5B water based.
Improve indication detection
- Makes indications stand out more by easily washing excess penetrant off with water
- Reduces background fluorescence, even on rough surfaces
Maximize application versatility
- Ideal for an extensive variety of part types due to Level 2 sensitivity
- Use with various applicators, choose the sprayer that works best for your application
- Universal specification conformance and fast, even surface wetting
- Drives value at each step of the inspection process
- Quickly apply penetrant with high surface wetting
- Easily wash off with water
- Use less penetrant over time because of lower drag-out and slower evaporation